I've had my little Peugeot Ludix two full weeks now. It's been a challenge to say the least. Here's what I've gotten used to in this short period of time:
- navigating the traffic of Paris,
- safely driving through some of it's crazy round-abouts (but I still don't feel ready for the Arch de Triomphe yet...),
- surviving some aggressive traffic (e.g., on strike day when Montparnasse was completely blocked off....let me tell you that the drivers were getting plenty irritated...honking all over the place, and whatnot...),
- surviving the gas strike (luckily, I didn't run out...but that feeling of uncertainty is not much fun...),
- driving on two wheels - hadn't done that in a very long time!
- driving with a load after shopping, etc.
- driving with a GPS
- driving during rush hour, but I much prefer driving around on a quiet Sunday morning!
- driving outside of Paris, even...
- driving in the rain
- getting my speedometer fixed (yes, this never happens, said the mechanic...except it did...)
- having perpetual "bad hair"; oh well, something's gotta give!
And I promised Eric to stay out of the blind spot of big trucks & buses....
So, now, my new motto is: "Have scooter; will deliver!"