Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gateau Tout Chocolat

Do you mind if I simply share a picture? I made this cake for a private dinner on Monday night. It eventually had some birthday candles & a "Bonne Anniversaire" sign in the middle...


This is one of my favorite cakes. Tout chocolat in french means "all chocolate" and what a perfect name for this gateau. It's a layered cake with sablé chocolat (chocolate shortbread), chocolate-almond cake/brownie and chocolate mousse. What I love about it, however, is that the sablé chocolat has fleur de sel (sea salt) in it....so when you taste it, you experience a very subtle salty-sweet sensation!

On Monday it was served with a creme anglaise sauce, but you could also serve it with a chocolate sauce or rasberry coulis, if you like. For those living or visiting Paris, please don't hesitate to contact me if you'd like to order this cake. It would be a pleasure for everyone (including for me to make)!

:/dma

6 comments:

Victoria said...

yum yum yum and so beautiful! i love the pistachios and the gorgeous sheen on the ganache!

Claudia said...

Perfectly beautiful. Love the idea of a little salty chocolate. The cake just shines!

Girl Cook in Paris said...

Hi Victoria & Claudia, Thanks much for your comments! diane

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that i generally get bored to read the whole thing however i believe you can add some value. Bravo !

Clem said...

I hope you wrote Bon anniversaire and not Bonne :-) this cake looks amazing, I'd like for my Opera to look as shinny when finished

girlcookinparis said...

Hi Clem, ooohhh...good catch on that Bon! ;) I hope I don't always struggle with the "masculin" and "feminin" in french... I'm impressed that you are making your own Opera cakes! Have any pictures/blog to share? all the best, diane