Saturday, September 27, 2008

Thomas Keller Recipes: Whipped Brie


When we were back in the states last month, my mom gave me as a gift The French Laundry book by Thomas Keller. What a perfect gift! I've been happily trying out the recipes (instead of looking for a job which is what I'm supposed to be doing...).

I came across this one. It's a simple & very creative way to work with brie. The only real requirement is that you should use a good quality brie - that's of course easy to do here in France. Brie de Meaux is the way to go, purchased at our nearby fromagerie (cheeseshop). Also, you need a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Then, it's as easy as cutting off the rind, whipping it up till it's a fluffy consistency, toasting baguette slices and adding whatever you like to the plate -- a salad of roquette (arugula), a roasted fig (seeing as it's the season and all), etc, etc. I can't wait to try it with pomegranite. Wouldn't that be great in the salad? Or how about served with some purée de fruit sec (purée of dried apricots, dried figs, dried plums, and roasted hazelnuts)....hummm.

1 comment:

girlcookinparis said...

Minnie, thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate it.